Lord it’s been hard to get on here lately and I’m not sure if it’s because my girls are on summer break or I have to continually clean and cook and do the admin work and so on, but I’m so happy I finally have a few minutes to myself at 1:45 a.m. to get this post done.
I work with all different types of women when it comes to styling ages any where from 20 to 60. Some of these women are executives, lawyers, business owners and some students. One thing I know is that we all have insecurities and it’s something I’m made aware of in the consultations. Some of these insecurities are ridiculous, arms, butt, calfs, etc. But I get it, when I say I hate something about myself my husband says I’m crazy and I tell him I don’t believe him, because he’s my husband, but there is a solution to the insecurities that hold our style goals back and I’m here to help.
A while ago I was talking to a friend and she said I don’t know how to dress for my body shape. She mentioned she hated dresses and skirts. All she wore was pants and dark pants, stretchy workout pants. She didn’t like her thighs – her bottom half and I totally get it. Do you remember a few years ago when low rise was so popular? What the he**~! I have no j-lo booty, but I couldn’t wear those, my crack would show every time I sat down. I was so happy when high waisted jeans came in, they tuck everything in my butt and gut. So I decided to make it into an episode for FashionStylista TV it includes tips and suggestions on how to dress for the Pear Shape.
- Dress your bottom half in darker colors, like black, brown, plumb, forrest green, navy blue, dark blue jeans.
- If you decide to wear print on your bottom half, make sure the print is small and not huge, it will only make you look bigger.
- Create a balance between your hips and shoulders by wearing open neck shirts like a boat neck or v-neck
- Bring the attention up and not to your beautiful hips by wearing a statement piece like a necklace or earrings.
- Shoulder pads help! Structured blazers are your friends.
- Try and wear heels they lengthen your body and reduce the difference between your shoulders and hips.
Overall love your body no matter what shape, it’s easier to say than actually do, but let’s try together.