I know it may seem as if I have a huge closet and a huge wallet, but I actually don’t. I work as part-time personal stylist and blogger, I own a photography and cinematography business with my hubby and of course I’m a full-time mommy . I am very much on a budget all the time, I think once, I didn’t shop for six months or more! Well, the reason why I bring all this up is because this fabulous dress you see on these pics I found at Marshalls for less than $20 – now I don’t always find great pieces and good quality, but when I do and it’s at a price you can’t beat – trust me I’m buying. You know what I’m saying?
You know how fringe is so in right now? I’ve been eyeing these fringe sandals for a while, but they were Stuart Weitzman and Steve Madden, but they were over $100.00 and then I found Lola Shoetique and found the exact same shoes for a fraction of the price and usually when you find something like this you think, I bet they’re so uncomfortable right? Well, I decided to give it change and when they arrived they actually fit! Secret between you and I…MY FEET ARE SO WIDE! I can’t stand it, it’s really rare when I can find a pair of designer shoes that actually fit. They fit and are so comfortable and affordable. They didn’t only fit my feet, but my budget. Lola Shoetique there’s the link. Below are similar items to the items you see me wearing, check them out and give it a try.
I love to be wise when I shop, I have rules that help me buy what will get me the most for my money. I’ll share a few with you, hopefully it will help you save $$$.
- Buy in outlets, Banana Republic, Gap, Ann Taylor, etc.
- Estate sales and thrift shops are a must on my list for shopping on a budget.
- I shop at Marshalls and Nordstrom Rack like its no body’s business, if you don’t have to buy at full price, why would you?
- I buy tons of costume jewelry, accessories, scarfs, hats, bags, shoes and turbans. A huge tip I give all my clients when meeting with them and teaching them about shopping is accessories and jewelry can make or break your outfit and it can also change the look.
- I also buy more tops, jackets, blouses than I do pants/bottoms. When you meet someone or see someone do you look at their pants or their skirt? I don’t. My eyes are on the top half of their body, every outfit is like a new outfit when you change the top and accessories, trust me.
Looking stylish and up to date does not have to empty out your wallet, it just takes a bit of work, creativity and enough desire to go out and get it done or hire a stylist. Look good ladies! From your Personal Stylist On A Budget.
Do you have tips on shopping on a budget or did you enjoy this post, please leave your comments and questions below 🙂